Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A finish and a review

Hope you are all safely arrived where you are headed for tomorrow's holiday.
I finished the batik quilt for my friend. This is the quilt by A Quilter's Dream that uses only one layer cake for the complete quilt top. It measures 46 X 59
I quilted a basketweave design on it using a Rainbows thread from Superior Threads. Hope he likes it! Sabra helped with the photo shoot :-)

And for some reason I keep wanting to tell people about this moisturizing bar that I purchased at PIQF....so I'm doing it here :-) There is no website contact but they respond through the email: ronspread@gmail.com
I bought it because I thought it smelled so good! (They also have other scents and an unscented version.) But the next day, I was kind of amazed because my hands felt so much better. Being a nurse...I wash my hands or cleanse them with this drying alcohol disinfectant way too frequently...so my hands can get pretty dried out. This stuff seems to have brought the life back to them. I have used it for the past month and still love it. So there you have it. No affiliation to the company but I'm definitely ordering more. No greasy feel and you can get right to your quilting after putting it on.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! Find what is in your heart to thank God for. My list begins like this...I'm thankful I can have dogs and cats who bring me a lot of joy. I'm thankful that I'm almost retired (wahoo!) and I'm thankful for my God who keeps me in His Word and redeems my life.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt. happy thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fab quilt and I love how your dog is admiring it in the photo. It would be nice to see a close-up of the basket weave quilting as I'm not sure what that looks like. I am visiting from the UK via Whoop Whoop. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt, I wouldn't mind seeing a close up of the quilting too. And thanks for the Christmas gift idea (lotion bar). Nancy (quilting friend) is a dentist and has the same issue you do with all the hand washing. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is really neat - love the pattern, and it looks like it doesn't take too terribly long to put together?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.