Wednesday, July 16, 2014

buckeyes

 
 
I finished putting on the borders of another quilt last night and noticed only when I looked at the picture...there were 2 blocks I forgot to include in my count and left on the design wall. So apparently, I will be making yet another of these quilts :-)
though this is not a surprise. I apparently like this block a lot!
I use to think Courthouse Steps was my favorite or Ohio Stars but I have only made one or two courthouse step quilts and have only made a few Ohio Star blocks. But this buckeye block keeps showing up.
There's this one called Plaid Madness. It's my first time to use this block and where I learned just how much I had to learn about color value :-) and also just how many mistakes I could make in making blocks and placement! It is still my favorite quilt however...I love all those plaids in there and the pieced border.
Another was a huge king size quilt...which I can't find a picture of!
Found it...well, I thought I did but this was a smaller one I made with the leftover fabrics.
 
 
And then here's another that was actually supposed to be set differently but I preferred this..
See that gorgeous plaid backing?
This was in a Moda line. Finally someone including plaids! (back in 2006 or whenever :-)
Then the blue ones here and a few others...Note to self: organize your photos with better titles!
Anywhoo...I'm having a good time here but it's back to work tomorrow.
more later :-)

1 comment:

  1. How much blue fabric to you have? LOL

    Both the new quilt and the scrappy one look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.